I have 20+ years experience as a marketing and public relations professional, and I teach marketing, communication and fundraising as an adjunct instructor. I’ve held executive positions in agencies and corporate marketing departments. I currently work as a fundraising director for a major Christian nonprofit in addition to my teaching and writing.
Degrees and Certificates:
- Master of Professional Studies: Organizational and Professional Communication, public relations and marketing specialty, University of Denver
- Bachelor of Science: Business/Marketing, University of Phoenix
- Associate of Arts: Liberal Arts and Science, business administration emphasis, Los Angeles Pierce College
- Certificate: Nonprofit Management, Purchase College, State University of New York
- Certificate: Composing and Arranging, Grove School of Music
During my undergrad studies online, I met my college sweetheart, Ann, a fellow student from the Twin Cities (I was living in Southern California at the time). Ann and I married in June 2006, days after we finished classes. Between us, we have three adult children and one grandchild.
I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior when Ann and I got engaged in 2005. We attend Life Assembly Church in Maple Grove, MN.
When I’m not working (when is that?), I enjoy music. I play bass in our church praise team and guitar in our praise team at work. I write Christian rock songs, and I’ve played classic rock and country in various bands. I also like history and trivia and was a four-time champion on the TV game show “Jeopardy” in 2000.
I pray you enjoy A Christian’s Guide to Marketing. We’re all here to learn together!